The Ranger 1000 is extremely handicapped with throttle limiters, clutching, and 50-60mph speed limiters reducing the capability of the 1000 Prostar engine drastically. Our tuning will open up the throttle, remove the torque limiters, speed limiters, correct fueling and modify timing to maximize power on 91 octane. Along with that we lower fan temps to help keep things cool, and do a bunch of other custom tricks to make your machine perform at it’s best! We highly recommend a clutch kit to get the engine running at it’s peak power producing RPM to maximize the gains from these tunes.
-The latest generation of Dynojet’s Power Vision is now available for Polaris Off-Road vehicles! Designed to cover more models than ever before, you can now unlock the secrets that are hiding in your ECU. The Power Vision has extensive calibration access for custom tuning, industry exclusive features, and world-class support. Comes empty or can be ordered with our custom tunes for fast, easy ,huge HP gains.
-No need to send in your ECU or purchase a new one with this unit.
-It will store multiple tune files as well as the stock one so you can change between them at any time.
-Can be licensed to tune multiple Polaris vehicles at an additional cost
-We offer a FREE youth tune for you upon request. Typically limits speed to 15mph and throttle to under 30% but can be customized as needed at your request. Change over in about 1 min so younger riders (or your drunk friends) can more safely handle these large machines.
-Provides additional gauges for engine monitoring, data logging features to allow us to remotely adjust your tune if needed or desired in minutes via email. Flashes back to stock for warranty work to minimize the risk of the dealer knowing you tuned your ECU.
-Keeps your engine hours and machine miles the same unlike running a second ECU, and there is no down time shipping parts back and forth. Also keeps your factory VIN and ECU Serial numbers together unlike getting a new ecu or in many cases sending yours in to be done at other places that just use a generic mass file built from one machine.
-Unlike most others, we build custom fueling to match your exhaust and other mods that affect air and fuel delivery to the engine.
-Compare your numbers while shopping around. We make more HP at the wheels than most are making at the engine because we’ve been tuning rangers longer than anyone and have nearly 50 years of combined tuning experience amongst our tuners.
· Flash ECU via vehicle diagnostic connector, no need to open or remove ECU from the vehicle
· Display and / or log vehicle data channels in real-time
· “Hindsight” feature captures last 2 minutes of data with the touch of a button
· Weather resistant for use in all conditions
Our custom tunes include:
- Rev Limiters raised to 8800 in H and L
- Speed limiters removed
- 100% Throttle opening in all gears vs. factory 60% limitation
- Improved throttle response and drivability
- Misfire detection sensitivity reduced to lower the chances of false codes
- Professionally built ignition timing optimized for 91 Octane for maximum reliable power
- Fueling adjusted for aftermarket components (intakes, exhausts) for optimal Air/Fuel Ratios
- No need to run a “piggyback” fuel controller with our reflash for most bolt on mods
- Torque Limiters removed
- Cooling fan on temperature is lowered. 190 on/185 off. If you have a heater we will supply you 2 files on request. 1 with stock fan temps, the other with lowered temps so you still have maximum heat output in the winter when needed. Although we have not found it necessary to have them with the stock thermostat opening at 180.
- All functions remain intact – Turf mode, Descent control, HVAC systems, etc.
- On multi mode units we only tune performance mode leaving the others functioning as designed
- All of our tuning is built in house on our state of the art Dynojet 250iX dyno and real world tested on trails, roads, and race tracks all around the world.
Stage 1 – 91 octane, Stock intake, stock exhaust – 9whp with stock clutching, 18whp with clutch kit
Stage 1.5 – 91 octane, Aftermarket intake, stock exhaust – 9whp with stock clutching, 18whp with clutch kit
Stage 2 – 91 octane, Stock intake, aftermarket exhaust – 14whp stock clutching, 21whp with clutch kit
Stage 3 – 91 octane, Aftermarket intake and exhaust – 14whp stock clutching, 21whp with clutch kit
Stage 3R – 100 octane, Aftermarket intake and exhaust – 16whp stock clutching, 23whp with clutch kit
NOTE: The 2017+ Ranger 1000 is clutched for a 6500 rpm. This is FAR too low to get maximum performance from this engine. The Prostar twin makes best power at 7900-8000 rpms – therefore clutching is HIGHLY recommended.
*Intake modification means a snorkel kit or air box modification that allows more air to flow through the intake system. In most cases an aftermarket air filter does not qualify as the restriction points are typically the inlet into the air box. Highlifter models – factory snorkels are not considered a mod and will be tuned accordingly.
*Aftermarket exhaust can be a slip-on or full system. Please tell us what exhaust you are running in the special instructions box at checkout.
** The tuner ships to you blank and will require you to have access to a windows based PC with a USB port to email us files from your ECU in order to activate the license for your tuner to work.